Sunday 7 December 2008

On that damned first letter capitalization

On my computer I have managed to stop the automatic capitalization of the first letter of a line, and since it was still bothering others I thought I would try to explain how to remedy it. I have Word 2007, which might work somewhat differently, but here is what I did. Go to the Word options (in the command menu) and find 'Proofing'. In Proofing select the 'Autocorrect Options'. There should be a ticked box for 'Captalize first letter of sentences'. Untick this box. Problem solved, I hope. If you can't find the autocorrect options menu ,as it may be in a different place in earlier word versions, try using the help function to tell you where to find it.

Good luck!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Thanks so much, that capital thingy has been driving me burko.