Friday 28 November 2008

Greetings from Raffles


Hello Coastliners,
This is Moi breakfasting in the dining alcove of our suite at Raffles. Himself surprised me by booking the Somerset Maugham Suite,(complete with butler) which although renovated, is still very much in keeping with the late 19th, early 20th century. It is a four room, bungalow style suite. You enter through the parlor, with a dining alcove, then pass through a draped doorway to the huge bedroom complete with ceiling fan, with a desk in one corner, ladies chair in another corner (have taken lots of photos) then into a dressing room and a wonderful marble and tiled bathroom.
I have been writing quite a lot but am in prose mode at present; I did a freefall piece on the first morning with my impressions. I will email this to the group.
Staying here is like stepping back into a gentler, more peaceful way of life. I highly recommend it.
It was good to read Karen's message for Christmas. I have been following her blog and adding comments every now and then.
Will keep in touch; next stop London
Take care all
Tricia

No comments: