Sunday 6 January 2008


Meeting with Uncle Ern,
on the occasion of Dad's wake


Let us not Pussyfoot around with the human condition,

Let us be Full and Frank, Ernest.

Felicitations on your Eightieth,
Commiserations on the loss of your Brother

I knew him only a little , a wisp of a benign presence,
hiding behind the Paper with his Gallon of tepid Tea,
betraying his wringing inards only rarely
with the odd flash of a steely stern stare,
maintaining his phony Anglophilia to a Tee

a grunt. Sporadic passive engagement,
or mildly supportive wheezes as he puffed away
Come on, Dad give me something ,
give me a sign that you care.
That I mean something to you

Let me in

Mean something to me

How did you know him, Well? ...
WELL!?

I put it to you that you did'nt know him at all
I put it to you that you do not know yourself.

What Happens to people?

What mystery lurks, when..
fears freeze,
embittered lusts fester,
needs unmet return to plague the naif ,
jealousies denied haunt their kneejerk defences at every Tick...
potential untapped ....dies on the vine

Let us not treat our memories like fine- boned China

Let us reveal ourselves, unfold,
admit,, celebrate our nature, it's many parts,
show as it were, what Man can be without shame.

Confess ,.... 290276nh0-2jv45ymcgryaeiou84qct= `
pqskd29.3x]i.0-,9050-862=c,y-1`c,10y1`,9i!!!!!!!!!!

For Fuck's sake Ernie show yourself!

Say something, Be someone,

Mean something to me.

Jonathon Lee

No comments: